TSSi Sales Representatives
Department: Sales Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director of Sales Support
Work Schedule: Normal Business Hours Amount of Travel Required: 20-30%
Positions Supervised: None
The Sales Representative is responsible for developing and implementing a territory strategy with direct input from the Outside Sales Representative; that will effectively grow an assigned territory or customer group. The inside Sales Representative is responsible for working closely with peers, customers and the Outside Sales team to support the TSSi sales objectives. The Sales Representative’s position is responsible for interacting with customers on a daily basis and fulfilling their requirements primarily through order placement, price quoting, product specifications, and general customer questions. Overall Sales Rep should provide a complete solution to the customer’s requirements.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms using various communications tools.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates. Learn and
- utilize internal ERP system for processing quotes and orders.
- Accurately process quotes that have been received either in writing, electronically, or by
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings in order to resolve problems and to provide
- ongoing support.
- Provide customers with product samples and catalogs.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing
- clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Maintain sales call logs and sales projections as required by management.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing reports, keeping sales records, and filing
- expense account reports.
- Attend technical training pertaining to the care, use, and technology of products relating to
- the sales representative position. Train customers' employees to operate and maintain new
- Support walk-in customers by conducting sales actions in the TSSI Showroom.
- Develop a marketing strategy to access new contacts within the existing account base.
- Achieve sales and margin objectives set by your Director.
- Implement an inside/outside team approach for sales, territory/customer strategy, vendor
- relations and dealer of records.
- Conduct continuing market research on specific channels of business and assist in developing
- territory strategy, vendor relations and dealer of records.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to complete work within given deadlines with little supervision.
- Ability to carry out skillful negotiations.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school)
Experience: Six months to one year related experience
Computer Skills: Use of MS Office, Internet, and email, AX experience a plus
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Attn: Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 1890
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
If submitting by email, please reference REQ 0096 in the subject line.
If application packet is incomplete you will not be considered for this position.